Green & Utter, P.A.

Free over the phone consultations 603.413.4983

Main Navigation

Criminal defense Archives

What Are Some Defenses Against Assault Charges?

Say you get into a fight at a bar, or after a football game. You and the other person exchanged words, fists flew and now you're facing charges of assault. But what about the other person? Do you really deserve assault charges, or was something else afoot during the fight?

Drinking, Fake IDs Can Bring Charges For Minors

The new school year has arrived, and with it, eager college students with backpacks, laptops and big plans. But with New Hampshire winning the dubious title of one of the hardest-drinking state in the nation, undoubtedly many of these students will at some point find themselves at a party where they can easily access alcohol. Underage students in possession or intoxicated by alcohol could find themselves in trouble if police break up the party.

Exploring Bail Reform In New Hampshire

In New Hampshire, those without financial resources could spend weeks and months behind bars for a relatively minor charge like possession of marijuana. That's because getting out of jail before trial requires those who have been charged to pay bail. And according to a story by New Hampshire Public Radio, in some cases people are staying locked up for long periods of time over minor offenses because they can't afford to pay as little as $100.00 for bail. 

Impact Of Criminal Offense On Your Education

If you are a student, being charged with a criminal offense can impact your ability to continue your education. You may face a disciplinary process as well as criminal prosecution. Both can have a significant impact on your future. Depending on the nature of your criminal charges, certain convictions could potentially mean that you lose access to your student housing, or even face jail time, which would obviously keep you from going to class. As a consequence of some convictions, you could even be barred from setting foot on campus or from having contact with certain other people on campus.

Do I Have To Go To Court For A Traffic Ticket?

If you were pulled over for speeding, running a stop sign or another traffic violation, the arresting officer will write you a ticket that will indicate whether you need to appear in court. If the ticket indicates that you don't need to appear in court, you would only need to go if you decided to contest your ticket. If you are not required to go to Court and you wish to contest your ticket, you must promptly send in your notice to the Court indicating that you are pleading not guilty. Contesting a ticket is not something that can be done online or by mail. If your ticket indicates that you are required to go to court, then you must go. Your court date could be months from your arrest, so it's important not to forget about your date.

New Hampshire drug raid results in 20 heroin arrests

New England is in the midst of an opiate epidemic, according to a recent statement by U.S. Attorney Emily Rice to New England Cable News (NECN). There are different schools of thought as to the best way to deal with this epidemic. Some believe treating the addiction is best, others focus on punishment.

Initial Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Green & Utter, P.A.
764 Chestnut Street
Manchester, NH 03104

Phone: 603-413-4983
Fax: 603-669-9330
Map & Directions

  • Super Lawyers
  • New Hamsphire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
  • National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers